Sunday 17 January 2016

Review: AVON Perfectly Matte Lipstick

Hi everyone, in Brochure 13 of the AVON catalogue they were advertising their new lipstick (Perfectly Matte Lipstick) and offering samples of all the available shades (the actual lipsticks are coming out in Brochure 15).

I decided to buy some as I LOVE a matte lip and I chose the more neutral shades of the collection, however some of the others looked great and I really wish I bought those as well!

None the less, the 4 I bought I absolutely love so will be reviewing them for you today.

These are the 4 I bought:

These are all beautiful lipsticks and I love the shades and how they look.

I've taken some pictures for you of them on my lips:

Au Naturale: This is probably my favourite of the four that I got because it looks beautifully natural and would be perfect for all seasons. Will definitely be buying this one at the full price in Brochure 15!

Posh Petal: This one is a beautiful light pink shade that is stunning and looks amazing. However, I don't personally think this one suits my skin tone or shade (yellow-y toned and very pale) so therefore I will personally not be buying this one full size.

Pure Pink: I love this one and is the perfect nude pink suitable for any season and any time of day. I really like this so will also be buying this one.

Peach Flatters: This shade is a beautiful bright pink, it's not bubblegum pink but, what I think, is a bright pink perfect for the summer months.

Pros:
  • Wonderfully pigmented
  • Exactly what it says - matte
  • Don't need much product when applying
Cons:
  • Starts to crack and lose colour after couple hours of wear - have to reapply often
  • Some of the shades are more  matte than others
I decided to see how long the lipstick would last before needing to be reapplied (wearing Peach Flatters for this test):

This second picture, on the right, was taken nearly 3 hours after first applying, I drank a glass of water in this time but nothing else.


Overall, this is a lovely lipstick with gorgeous shades, however you will need to reply often so make sure to always have it with you!

Hope some of you found this useful, I will definitely be buying some!

No comments:

Post a Comment