Thursday 23 October 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer Vs Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

Hi everyone, recently I went in to get my local drug store (in this case Superdrug) because I had run out of concealer and my usual, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, was out of stock. Seriously, they always have shades 3 and 4 but NEVER 1 and 2. Grrrr

Anyway.. I decided to try the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer because I had heard really good things about it and I have to say; I was really disappointed.

So in this blog post I am going to be going through the differences between the two and why I prefer the Collection over the Rimmel.


  1. Coverage - ok so the first point is that the Collection gives really good coverage with spots and dark circles under the eyes (I find dabbing it, especially on spots, causes it to cover even more and stay on for longer) however the Rimmel, I found did not cover my spots at all, I put it on my spots or under my eyes and when I dabbed/rubbed it into my skin with a finger or brush it did not cover at all and it was like I had put none on.
  2. Lasting - the Collection stayed to it's name and lasts for absolutely ages! I find that during the day I did not need to touch up on my concealer at all just powder (I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent) where as the Rimmel did not last at all and I had to touch up at least twice during the day. Also, the Rimmel took longer to put on as I had to put more on which means that it is more expensive and lasts less time as you have to use more.
  3. Colour - I found that the Rimmel made me go slightly orange, not oompa-loompa orange but still not a natural colour. However the Collection fits my skin shade perfectly and I have very pale skin and I found that the Rimmel did not provide shades for lighter skin.
  4. Blending - the Collection blended in perfectly and it was not visible to the naked eye and noone noticed I was wearing make up at all. However the Rimmel I found left a mark over where my spot was of a darker shade compared to the rest of my skin which, rather than covered my spots, made them more obvious.
  5. Price - the Collection concealer is a pound cheaper and lasts longer so..
NB: These are my personal opinions and there are many who I'm sure would disagree as the Rimmel Wake Me Up is so popular there must be at least one person who loves it :)

The shades I own:
Rimmel Wake Me up: True Ivory - slightly too dark for my skin even in the summer but it was the lightest one they offered in my local superdrug.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: 1 - The lightest shade and the one I wear from october to about June/July as my skin is very pale in the winter and I don't tend to go out much in the summer.
                                                                  2 - In the summer months my skin tends to go slightly darker and I find that number 2 suits my skin tone perfectly when it is slightly sunnier.

I hope this helps some of you, and leave in the comments below your personal opinion, I would love to read them. Also if you have any suggestions of other great concealers or any makeup product I would love to read all about them also :)

Toodle pip (I'll let myself out...)

*Disclaimer - these opinions are all my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment